Hey Lovely People,
It’s been a minute, life got in the way and I believe that’s a good thing. It means I am living.
Just thought I should share some of my favourite go-to healthy drinks. I need at least a cup of one of these per day for the system to get me going. They are not part of a diet routine, just some Tummy Loving Care. Most of these drinks have more healthy benefits, but I will only share those I can actually relate to.
I like my drinks not too hot; I am not a huge fun of getting my tongue burnt or sitting there sipping on some hot stuff for like a good 30 minutes, nope. I just want to get it over with, take it down and on to the next thing lol. That’s just me🤪so serve yours how you like.
OK… Let’s get into it.
NOTE: If you are carrying a bundle or bundles of joy, be cautious and consult your doctor before indulging.
1. COFFE – Black, no sugar, no milk. Just the H2O. Preferably taken in the morning before or after breakfast.
*Perfect for the go-getters or if you want to binge watch on Netflix [Energy levels].
*Full of anti-oxidants.
2. LEMON WATER – 1 whole lemon juice, no sugar [natural honey is welcome though] & one cup of water (warm/hot). Preferably taken first thing in morning but any time is fine.
*Cleanse Gang- have you seen what lemon juice does to limescale? lol say no more.*
*Load up on that Vitamin C & good way of keeping hydrated [don’t argue with me on this hydration please, we all need it lol] .*
3. LEMON & GINGER – Blend a whole ginger, slice two lemons (or more), add water to a pot (at your discretion- 2 litres for me) and heat to boiling point. Serve anytime of the day
My go to remedy for a cold/cough [don’t be stingy with the ginger please] and sometimes for the TLC. Thanks to my former work colleague for this recipe [she adds a tea bag and honey to hers]. I like mine as above.
*Cold/cough remedy. We are not talking about a cup here, take a whole jug lol thank me later.*
*Ginger is also high in antioxidants & lowers stress levels. We also onto that cleanse business :)*
4. HIBISCUS – boiled. No sugar. “ok, ok go on and add that natural honey if you please”. Can also be served cold.
I have a whole year supply of Hibiscus. When my husband travelled to Nigeria, I asked for Hibiscus and now I just have to take my time drinking it. I wonder if I will get the whole shop if I ask for a Gucci bag🤔.
*Very high in antioxidants. Lowers high blood pressure*
5. GREEN TEA – Old time favourite. No sugar [I actually do not prefer honey in this but its optional]
*High in antioxidants and has cleansing properties😉 [yes we on to that as always].*
ALL THESE TEAS/WARM/HOT DRINKS, HOWEVER YOU DESCRIBE THEM, TAKEN AS PART OF A BALANCED DIET *MAY* AID WEIGHT LOSS
MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU ARE HYDRATING. THE MAIN INGREDIENT IN ALL THESE DRINKS IS THE WATER. KEEP HYDRATED😘
What are you favourite go-to healthy hot/warm drinks? Share yours in the comment section below, maybe I can indulge in those too.