This is a delicious and nutritious recipe whether you are on a healthy eating routine, going no-meat style or just want to try something new. Low in cholesterol and high in protein, a whole healthy goodness.
Roast the Sweet Potatoes / Halloumi
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Coat with paprika, salt and olive oil.
- Bake in the oven at 220º for 25 minutes.
- Add cubed halloumi 4 minutes before removing the potatoes from oven.
- Sauté garlic and onions in olive oil.
- Add washed and drained lentils.
- Add the tin tomato and coat the lentils nicely.
- Add half stock and let it come to a boil. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Gradually add the remaining stock until lentils are cooked to your liking.
- Add washed spinach and cooked for 4-5 minutes. Make sure the lentils do not have a lot of water in them as the spinach is very watery. This will avoid very mashy or watery lentils.
- Dish while hot. Add the baked the potatoes and halloumi. Season with pepper.
Watch virtual recipe on my youtube channel below. Please subscribe and share if you love what you see.