I love vegetables, some people say am such a healthy eater, but I like the fact that I can have a serious cheat day with the burgers and takeouts knowing my veg intake is on point lol. Cauliflower is one of my favourite, a rebellious cabbage – I can be that girl too at times. But boy oh boy, finding creative ways of cooking or serving this vegetable can be daunting… you certainly have to be creative to enjoy this crown veg or you will despise it.
It’s carb free, low in cholesterol and a good source of fibre… Just the sound of it makes me feel good already, I can feel my imaginary six pack ahemm. One of my creative ways of enjoying this vegetable is using it as an alternative to rice. I made this Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice and it was delicious. You should pick up a cauliflower on you next shopping trip and try this, you will thank me later 😉.
- Chop the cauliflower in a food processor. If you do no have one, use a grater to grate into small rice-size pieces.
- Steam the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes and set aside (do not overcook).
- Using a wok pan, fry the eggs into scrambled eggs and set aside – use vegetable cooking oil.
- In a hot wok pan, add a teaspoon of sesame oil , the onions and fry for a minute. Add the mixed vegetables until cooked to your liking stirring occasionally to evenly cook.
- Add the scrambled eggs.
- Now add the steamed cauliflower in batches so it is evenly mixed.
- Add the soy sauce – I did not add salt because the soy sauce is well flavoured.
- Serve hot and sprinkle with the spring onions and pepper to season (this is optional).
Check out my video on Youtube for step by step illustration. Enjoy!