SERVES 2-3 PEOPLE
A healthy alternative to traditional pancakes. These are very light and incredibly delicious. They will have you asking fo more.
- 400ml of milk – I used plant based Alpro Coconut and Almond milk (so yummy and flavoursome) .
- 1 cup of rolled oats.
- Handful blueberries – roughly smashed with a folk.
- 2 Eggs – at room temperature.
- Maple Syrup and Whole blueberries– to serve.
- Milled flaxseed – optional
- In a blender, add the rolled oats and milk of choice. The blender will give us a smooth paste from the rolled oats. You can add more milk if you want thinner and fluffy pancakes – this will make the consistency of the mix runny. I also added milled flaxseed – a personal choice which is loaded with omega-3 and protein.
- Pour in the blended wet mix in a bowl. Add the 2 eggs and hand whisk/mix.
- Add the smashed blueberries to the wet mix and mix.
- In a hot non-stick pan, add a small cube of cooking butter (you can use oil of your choice, I love the butter because it adds flavour).
- Add the mix in batches and cook till brown. Please cook at medium to low heat to avoid getting the pancakes burnt.
- Serve with maple syrup and whole blueberries.
- You may also want to serve the pancakes with peanut butter if you can spare more calories (thank me later). This is purely optional.