SERVES 2 PEOPLE
This is a very quick and simple recipe. A good way of hiding greens for the little ones.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 pack of fresh mozzarella cheese – you can get this in you local grocery store (got my from Aldi).
- Chicken seasoning – onion, garlic, chilli and coriander should do it.
- 4 slices of bread – its 1 a 2 people recipe.
- 2 handfuls of spinach – or more if you like.
- Foil paper or sandwich presser – any one is fine.
- Drizzle of olive oil – optional
- Thinly slice the chicken breast and season well with the chicken seasoning.
- In a hot frying pan, drizzle a spoonful of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to cook evenly.
- Separately, wash your spinach.
- In a hot cooking pan, add the washed spinach to wilt. To make this process quick, occasionally squeeze the juices from the spinach with a spatula and pour the juices in a cup. TIP – do not throw away the spinach juices, drink it – nutritious.
- Once the spinach has wilted, cooked and squeezed dry of its juices, set aside.
- Lightly toast your slices of bread – 30 seconds on medium for crunchy effect.
- On the two slices of bread, lay the cooked sliced pieces of chicken, the spinach and the mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced).
- Cover with the remaining slice and wrap in a foil paper. If you have a sandwich presser there is no need for the foil method.
- On the stove and in a very hot pan, put your the sandwich wrapped in foil. Put a heavy pot on top to press it down. Leave each side to cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly and carefully remove the foil – to avoid the bread coming off together with the foil – careful its hot.
- Enjoy xoxo.