This is the most delicious burger I have ever had! I know, I probably shouldn’t be blowing my own trumpet considering that we have different taste buds but I can not hold back. If you are having an indoor or outdoor BBQ from the summer that we have left, you should try this.
The ingredients we used should serve 4 but it served 2 😂 – we only had the burgers with no sides.
- 4 burger buns
- 4 Angus beef patties – you can get these from your local shop.
- Romaine lettuce – or any readily available lettuce to you.
- 2 -4 pork slices seasoned with salt and pepper – this is completely option. So if you do not eat pork, no problem.
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized tomato
- Burger sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Chilli flakes
- Parmesan cheese
The Burger and Pork
- In an oven proof dish, roast/grill the beef patties and pork in a preheated oven at around 220ºC for 15 minutes on each side till brown and thoroughly cooked. Alternatively, cook per packaging instructions. Suitable for outdoor BBQs too.
- Whilst the the meat is cooking, drain the excess fat into a frying pan and add the sliced onion to sauté. You can add salt to taste
The Burger Sauce
In a bowl or cup add equal parts of your burger mayo and BBQ sauce (this is dependent on how much sauce you like on your burger – I used about 6 spoonfuls each. Add a pinch of chilli flakes to give it the kick. Finally add the sautéd onions. And you have the burger sauce.
- Toast each side of the bun up in the oven for about a minute – to get a crunchy texture (careful not to burn).
- Start by spreading the bottom of the bun with burger sauce, add shavings of parmesan cheese and then the beef patty. I prefer the cheese before the meat, this ensure an even melt of the cheese (but that’s just me).
- Slice the cooked pork into two through the middle. Add on top of the beef patty.
- Layer the lettuce, onion and tomato, and then top bun.
Done and dusted, now its time to enjoy this beaufiul and delicious food.