Basically a hazelnut and banana pancake. My husband made a huge contribution to this recipe, one of his Saturday breakfast requests and decided to call it Love Bunny – don’t ask me why but it has something to do with all the love I put in making this delicious breakfast😊.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 1/4 cup of rolled oats
- 400ml hazelnut milk
- 5-10grams Maca powder – a good source of calcium and iron.
- 2 eggs
- knob of butter – for frying
- In a blender, blend together the banana, oats, milk and maca powder. Blend to a smoothie.
- Pour the blended mix in a bowl or you can keep it in the blender, add the eggs and hand mix. Do not blend in the blender, this will break the eggs and will not be able to hold the pancake together when fried.
- In a medium heated pan, add the butter and pour the mix in batches. You can decided the size of your pancakes by pouring less or more in the pan.
- When you pour the mix, spread the mix around the pan to achieve a think cake.
- Let the cake cook until the edges start to lift around the pan. Use a spatula to check that the cake is no longer sticking to the pan before turning to cook on other side.
- Serve with maple syrup and peanut butter or sauce of your choosing.
- I would recommend the Meridian Crunchy peanut butter, it’s amazing. And guess what, 100% peanuts no trash.