- 1 plantain
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- water to loosen the plantain – see cooking method.
- In a blender, blend the plantain to a light smoothie consistency. Gradually add water till you reach this consistency
- Pour the blended plantain in a bowl, mix in the 2 eggs (I used a hand mixer – quicker and less washing)
- Add the vanilla extract, salt and baking powder. The baking powder for fluffiness.
- Add the flour – so the trick is to add flour gradually to get the consistency of you choice. I went for a thick smoothie consistency – the light the pancake butter the quicker it cooks.
- Add honey and mix till combined.
- Pour the mix in a warm non-stick pan using a ladle or spoon depending on your preferred size of the pancake – set cooker plate to a medium heat. If it is on high, it will be too hot and the cake will burn quickly.
- Let the pancake cook until the edges start to lift before turning – this should take 1-3 minutes depending on the thickness of the butter.
- Serve hot and drizzle honey for sweetening. Honey is a healthier option, but you can equally use golden syrup if it’s your preference.